Oat drink can be a healthy addition to a balanced diet, as it is a plant-based milk alternative that is low in calories and fat and high in fibre. Here are a few diet recommendations for incorporating oat drink into your diet:
- Use it as a milk substitute: Oat drink can be used as a substitute for cow's milk in many recipes, such as cereal, smoothies, coffee, and baking.
- Watch the sugar content: Some brands of oat drink may have added sugar, so be sure to check the nutrition label and choose an unsweetened variety if possible.
- Pair it with whole grains: Oat drink is a good source of complex carbohydrates, so pairing it with whole grains such as oatmeal, quinoa, or whole-grain bread can help keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Add it to your smoothies: Oat drink can add a creamy texture and a boost of fibre to your smoothies, making them more filling and satisfying.
- Incorporate it into your cooking: Use oat drink as a base for soups, gravies, and sauces, or use it to make creamy pasta dishes or risottos.
- Be mindful of serving size: As with all milk alternatives, serving size is important, the recommended serving size for oat drink is one cup (240ml) per day, as it contains a moderate number of calories. Remember that oat drink is not a suitable replacement for breast milk or formula for infants and young children, and it is always important to consult with a doctor or a nutritionist before making any changes to your diet.