* Sweetener (optional)
* Salt (optional)
Here's the procedure:
1. Oats are soaked in water for about 25 to 30 mins to soften them and make them easier to blend.
2. Then the oats are drained and added to a blender with water. The ratio is adjusted depending on how thick or thin the needed consistency is.
3. The mixture is blended on high speed for 30-60 seconds until it looks smooth and frothy.
4. The mixture is then poured through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a large mixing bowl, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. If desired, sweetener is added like honey or maple syrup and a pinch of salt to taste.
5. It is then transferred to a large pot and heated over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches a required temperature. It is then kept to let it cool down to room temperature.
6. The drink is then poured into glass jars or bottles.
Although you can make it home. It may not be as same as dairy milk as it lacks in the some of the processing as that of commercial processing dairy.